The Bridgestone Group, with its headquarter in Tokyo, is the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone tires was restructuring its European distribution network by implementing central control of de-central operations.
As interim manager order fulfillment director responsible for product availability, warehouse and distribution operations in 10 countries. >Objectives:
– Increase service levels (product availability, delivery reliability)
– Turn around Bridgestone owned warehouse of 88.000 m2 in Zeebrugge (B)
– Organizational design and implementation
– Warehouse tenders in several countries; contract negotiations; al transitions in time and within budget and
minimal delivery performance impact
– Realized targets to increase service levels and reduce costs at the same time.
– Cost reduction of 15%
– Turnaround of Zeebrugge warehouse (Organization, process, expansion, customs) which resulted in an
operation that handled 60% growth seamlessly. Avoided import duty payment.
– Start up warehouse in Riga.
– New contracts in Finland, Sweden, Poland, UK, Benelux.
– On time and in budget move of 2 warehouses in Germany (total 85.000 m2)